WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Furnace and Flayers: The Skaven Roll On

Justin, Jason, and I are still plugging away at our campaign, but it's slow going. As you can see from my previous posts, I've been taking a big bite out of my Skaven project queue. I finished a second Doom-flayer, two of these should do nicely against the Orc hordes.


 

 

 

 

 

Now that the Plague Monks are finally ready, I also painted the remaining parts of the Screaming Bell/ Plague Furnace kit. The contraption can be fielded as either the furnace or the bell. I'm really happy with the smoke plume from the giant censor. I was a little trepidatious about the painting but it worked out rather well with a white undercoat, washed with light green up to the darker green at the warpstone core. The metal bands were painted over top of the green. I'll see if I can pull off a similar technique when I get around to painting my ethereal undead units.


 

 

 

The only models remaining in my Skaven painting queue are the Stormfiends. Here and there I've been working on little bits of them like the gauntlets and the grinderfist tunnel markers. 

 


 

 

Once the the Stormfiends emerge, I'll be finished with the Skaven for a while. I've earmarked most of the models from the Island of Blood starter set as Skavenslaves, and I still have a box of Plague Monks that I need to build as Plague Censor Bearers, but they can wait. I'll jump back to my Vampire Counts and finish off Nagash and all the other projects that have been piling up. The next edition of Warhammer is also rumored to be coming in June (only a month away, and there's still not a single picture or official announcement about it), so we'll see how that shapes up.


'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.