WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Years Resolutions

As we kick off the new year I've decided to make a few resolutions:


Resolution #1 is to post on a regular schedule. I've been trying to make Tuesday the regular day that blog posts go up. But life and work keep interfering, and they usually go up late. Last year I fell behind in the number of posts, but almost caught up at the end. I've already blown Tuesday for this week, but hopefully, I'll be able to get things on track next week.


Resolution #2 is to finish my Space Hulk models.
The Space Marines are the real killer, since I intend to convert them into Black Templars, with magnetized bases so I can interchange them between round bases (for games of 40K that I never play) and square "Space Hulk" bases.


That's a lot of work, since I need to remove all the Blood Angels details and replace them with suitable Templar details. I've decided to tackle one per month. The 11 Terminators and Librarian are all bagged and each month I'll pull out a random marine and finish him. At some point I'll tackle the Genestealers as well. By the end of the year I'll (hopefully) have the entire set finished.

 

 

First up for January is Brother Noctis. He's pretty straightforward, with only a few blood drops to remove and sculpt over. Here goes nothing...


Resolution #3 is to finally start producing resin terrain products. I've talked about this before, and I've been compiling ideas and concepts for everything from bases to buildings, so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.


Annnnd I just found out that the world is ending. Stay tuned.


'Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. I love your work, and I'm excited to see what you produce in resin. Hoping to see some Necromunda stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is ending? Again?
    I look forward to seeing your Space Hulk termies, it's a project I've been meaning to get round to for a while too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work! :) i am really looking forward to see more great stuff

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.