WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Movin' On Up

My wife and I bought a house recently, so most of my time has been spent preparing for the big move. I've been at Home Depot nearly every day, but not to buy terrain supplies.


This little goodie came in the mail– an official Skweel Gnawtooth, all the way from Germany. Many thanks to Andreas from Spielmann's Workbench for the model! A lot of great conversion work on his blog. Check it out: spielmannsworkbench.blogspot.com

 

 

Skweel is on the back burner until I get settled in, though. I've still got the rat ogres and a second doom wheel to finish. I went through my Skaven figure cases and reorganized them with some custom cuts to accommodate the new large models. Everything is in its case and ready to travel. 

 

 

The only painting I've been able to do has been at the house. The kitchen was a bit of a nightmare due to the paint selection, but now I know to stay away from Glidden. I've always gotten Behr when mixing colors for large projects, and as it turns out, it's great for painting rooms, too! I'd rather use a large drybrush and 237 pots Cidatel paint to finish a room rather than try rolling Glidden again. Ugh.


The good news is I'll have more studio space to work on large projects. But for now, it's back to packing.


'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.