WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Friday, September 23, 2016

Skull Forge Scenics: Graveyard Entrance

My newest product from Skull Forge Scenics is now for sale in my online shop.




 

The graveyard entrance connects with my other wall sections to allow more variety in your terrain setup. Here's a full display with all the walls, shrines, and tombstones that are currently available:


 

When designing the entrance walls, I made the decorative embellishments separate parts for anyone who doesn't like skulls all over everything, so the walls can be used for "normal" settings as well as gothic undead landscapes.







 

Sculpting the Walls


Some people have asked me about the materials I'm sculpting with, so here's a look behind the scenes. The stones are sculpted with Aves® Apoxie Sculpt. It's a two-part epoxy putty that cures rock-hard.

 

 

Any deep gaps between the stones are filled with Brown Stuff modeling putty.


 

All of the graveyard walls are designed to look old and weathered, with stones that are shifting out of place. The stones on one tower are cracked and separating.


 

 

The top stones are sculpted using layered PVC card and styrene plastic. The PVC is soft enough to press rough stone texture into it and "draw" cracks with a sharp tool.


 

Each of the embellishments are also made with a combination of PVC and styrene, with sculpted details and bits from my tombstone set and skull pack.


 

To fit them on the walls, I covered the backs with putty and pressed them into the stone texture. The result is a perfect fit that maintains the stone texture underneath, allowing the wall to be built with or without the embellishments.


 

Check out everything I have in my Skull Forge Scenics shop, which now ships worldwide.

 

www.skullforgescenics.etsy.com

 

 

'Til next time!

3 comments:

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.